Business is growing at Plumbers Supply Company, a nearly 90 year old plumbing supply company that has twelve locations throughout Missouri and Illinois. The company has been at its current headquarters for 56 years. Company president John Dubuque had recently decided it was necessary to move in order to accommodate their customer’s growing needs.
PSC will move from its current 30,000 square foot headquarters at 6135 Horton Place in University City to its new location at 4500 Swan Ave., in the St. Louis city area. The company bought the 51,000 square foot building for $975,000.
Hilliker Corporation agent Jake Shepley represented PSC as the buyer of this 50 year old property, which previously served as a hospital records storage area.
PSC will open its doors for business on September 16 once all property renovations are completed. The company’s extensive remodeling plans include creating an expanded customer service area, upgrading the warehouse facility areas and paving a public street for commercial and neighborhood usage.
Founded in 1924, PSC is a four generation family-owned and operated business. The company’s locations in Missouri include two in Cape Girardeau, Central St. Louis City, Des Peres, North County, O’Fallon, Sikeston, South St. Louis City and Washington. Illinois locations are in Alton, Belleville and Mt. Vernon.
PSC is a leading wholesale plumbing supplier with the largest selection of in-stock plumbing supplies in the St. Louis Metropolitan area. The company also has two state-of-the-art kitchen and bath showrooms.
“Our new headquarters will offer more convenience to our customers,” said Dubuque. “We are directly behind the burgeoning Grove district, which will have its own Highway 40/64 exit this fall.” Dubuque added that the new highway accessibility will enable faster deliveries, as well as provide a central city location for will-call customers.