Hilliker Corporation has sold the 386,000 sq. ft. Masonic Temple at 3681 Lindell Boulevard.
Ben Hilliker and Scott Martin of Hilliker Corporation represented Masonic Temple Association of St. Louis and sold the property to Brandonview LLC.
The Masons will continue to occupy the Temple Building for a brief period of time before moving to a new location, and in the near future, the buyer will announce its plans for the Temple Building. The Temple features six full floor levels and eight mezzanine levels. On the first level, there is an unfinished theater designed for 2,200 seats and a grand entry lobby, finished with marble and painted mural.
The 14-level Masonic Temple was built in 1926 and at one time housed then, Grand Master Harry S. Truman’s office. Charles Lindbergh, before his transatlantic flight in 1927, was initiated into the Masons in the Temple. During the Cold War, the Temple’s lower level was designated as an air raid shelter.